A while back I started getting questions about choosing the name Overture for my product. After thinking about it a lot and getting feedback from people like Joel Spolsky, I decided to change the name from Overture to Bidsketch.
It took me a good while to come up with the name because naming things isn’t something that’s easy for me. Still, I’m pretty happy with the name and I’m 100% positive I won’t be hearing from Yahoo! about trademark infringement.
Along with the name change I decided to focus more on Bidsketch and less on my company web site. The reason is simple; focusing on both would be too confusing to everyone. Shifting the focus to Bidsketch meant that I had to move the blog from the company site to bidsketch.com. The blog move is complete and everything has been redirected with a 301 HTTP status code, letting search engines know that this is the permanent home.
One last thing, I now have an ETA for the Bidsketch beta launch. You’ll be seeing it this August.